Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm back. I think. We'll see.

I haven't posted in what, a year and a half? Great.

Since my last post in April 2010, I dropped 5 more pounds to 143, the lowest since I started trying to lose weight. And then a miracle happened! I found out that I am a champion weight gainer! With almost no effort, I was able to gain more than half of what it took me a year to lose—in just a few months! My clothes don't fit and I don't feel healthy.

I'm not into resolutions, but this seems like as good a time as any to get back to the annoying and tiresome business of working toward my goal weight (135, though 140 would suit me just fine). I forgot to weigh myself today, but will try to get back into a daily habit starting tomorrow.

The other daily habits I need to start are counting calories and exercising. I don't like either of those things (especially days like today where I'm so groggy and crabby that I just want to go home and crawl into a bottle of wine). And right now my kitchen is overflowing with high-calorie leftovers and meat. So much meat, in fact, that a bunch of it is currently in a cooler on the floor because I ran out of room to cram it in the fridge and freezer.


(That's actually a photo of my old freezer, in a similar state to what is going on right now. Just mentally jam a huge standing beef rib roast in there too and you've got the picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment